Sunday, November 4, 2007

Our Grand Adventure

The things I allow myself to get talked into. One of the many was an exciting vacation to the Grand Canyon. I figured since I haven't been since I was a kid, and Pat has never gone why not? Why not?? Because this time we would be seeing it from the donkey's view, only we were the donkey. It all started on a bright October day...but would it end as bright, only time would tell. Thus it was we began our 16-17 mile journey of the magnificent canyon. Included in the caravan were: Patrick and myself, my girlfriend Carolyn and her husband Jack, and his three brothers, Tyler, Trevor and Jacob.
The beginning, look at how bright and naieve we were.

I felt like part of the seven dwarfs going off to work. (I even tried to sing it but that didn't really work).
Still happy!! And look at what such professional hikers we were. Don't you love the hat?
Okay, if this doesn't look like hard work it was a lie. Do you see the sweat mark on Pat's back-eew!! And do not even attempt to hike all day without putting a dab or five of new skin on those working piggies. This was about mile 13, and from here...it was only up.
I swore at one point a helicopter was going to have to lift me out of that canyon. But we made it, and in only nine hours. That right there is the look of pure self satisfaction, we did it, we conquered the canyon!!

No comments: